http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

user of imagery within sport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Fitness, Medical, Diet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: user of imagery within sport Reply with quote

underwater hockey is no different from anyother sport.

visualisation and imagery can be a useful mental tool to help prepare for games. however the concept is only useful if it can be kept real.

Its easy to imagine having speed, skill and flair. Its easy to imagine the big flick, the big swim and dummy on a player. Its not so easy to do it, and its the pratical application which counts.

its easy to get carried away with how you would like the game to be and how it actually is, you have just got to believe in yourself, and if you can say

" i tried my best and did what i could, i cant say anymore hell i love the game"

No one can question the passion.
jellybean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visualise where the puck is to end up when I go for a flick-pass. It usually ends up where I visualised it going.
I neither think of the technical aspects of flicking technique, that is now inbuilt....... I visualise the arc and the end placement of the puck...... and it just happens to go there! (mostly! ... every now and again I fluff it, but usually because of a miss flick, fumble, or fundamental balls-up of sorts).

I,m not convinced it is because I visualise that the puck goes where I visualise, but more because once you are tuned in to the knack and the feel of the puck, and the many different methods and kinds of effect you can put on the flick...... ie slice, flat spin, lob, power thrust furthest tragectory, etc etc...... I think the body and mind work subconciously and so allows more ''eyes up'' time. This eyes up time, allows calculations of where best to send the puck along with knowledge of your own capabilities of how far and how fast you can send it........... then it goes there.

just a thought, outloud. dont poke at it too hard Wink
JB

loser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats true!
floater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing is believing, as the human saying goes. So putting things in visual form direct - like a demo, is great for learning and teaching techniques. Putting things in a descriptive manner so one can see in 'minds eye' is good method as well - few people have this ability - like good story tellers. It also depends a lot on what the listener knows - because there minds eye puts picture out of stored memory - probably one reason why people imagine underwater hockey as many quirky things - They havnt actually seen the real thing - YET!!!

GO to the WEB-SITE and see video bits Exclamation Arrow www.seethegame.info/video

Confused Cool Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Fitness, Medical, Diet All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: