http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

SeeTheGame WEB-SITE Comments (general)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> SeeTheGame:
Website comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you rate the website, for allowing you to have the game of underwater hockey (octopush) revealed a little to you?
10 excellent
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5 average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

administration
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: SeeTheGame WEB-SITE Comments (general) Reply with quote

Say hello, air your views about the website and/or forum, content and use etc.
All ages can access the site so please use reasonable language and comment.

*** Use 'postreply' as 'newtopic' won't work for you here
Thanks.

Web-Site page links

Home page:
Front page introducing the contents of the see the game project web-site, such as where to see feature stories, pictures, video, the puckits cartoons etc.
www.seethegame.info

Video page:
Revealing the game of the otherwise, usually unseen game of underwater hockey (octopush) to a spectator.
www.seethegame.info/uwh_video_page

Features pages:
Feature - Players Interviews
Get an idea of a range of ages, shapes and reasons of some of the players of the sport.
www.seethegame.info/features_PlayersInterviews

Feature - Underwater with the GB Girls
Experience a brief sample of a minute or so in an underwater hockey match game, with the GB girls.
www.seethegame.info/features_gbgirls

Feature - Spectator v Player
Two stories to give a thought to the difference it makes (before the days where filming the game becomes regular) in actually seeing / watching the game and all its buzz and dynamics.
www.seethegame.info/features_spectator_v_player

Feature - Teamwork
An example of a few moves, shown as sequential stills, demonstrating that teamwork as well as individual skills are neccessary in this game.
www.seethegame.info/features_teamwork

Feature - Filming the game
A web-page showing a little of how the project of filming the game of underwater hockey came about. From its concept, through research and development, to a bud of a product, in the form of video and other media style information for spectators to observe...... Revealing the game.
www.seethegame.info/features_filming_the_game

Feature - Critter-Cam System
A feature to show a little story of how the critter-cam was put together and prepared on the poolside for the underwater test shots.
www.seethegame.info/features_critter_cam_system

About page:
About page, explaining the concept and design of a project to reveal and promote the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to a spectator, by removing the air/water surface interface.... as you do. The removal is done by filming the game. The filming is done, by conceiving, designing and building a camera-pod system that hopefully lets the spectator see the sport of underwater hockey, with its individual and team play skills, game dynamics..... and the general gist of it.
www.seethegame.info/about

Last edited by administration on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Great idea, about time! Cool
administration
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOUUCCHH!
Our web-site hosts' hard drive and other bits crashed 21/05/2006 and along with it seemed to have gone the Backups for this forum... so it has somewhat reduced to an empty room.

A lessoned learn learned to us here.. the unusual happens.. so we will be taking measures to back up else where.
Copies of the posts do exist, in the form of saved web-pages and screen shots of interesting posts, so any queries may be able to be ressolved.... but the simplest way may be to re-establish the layout and go from here.

If from memory, you remember some of the good posts/topics then by all means post them up again, but we'll see how it goes from here.

A BRIEF HISTORY TO DATE:
Video campods and test shots for the research to film the game of underwater hockey were taken, produced, edited and released on Fri 16th Dec 2005.

Response to this little project was interesting, invoking comments and questions from 'newbies' who had become intrigued with the otherwise unseen shinanigans of the underwater hockey players.

We'll add what we find as we go on from here, and back it up in a secondary place.

Thanks to all who contributed
Admin

Last edited by administration on Mon May 22, 2006 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
bethany

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echoe, Echoe, ooops!

What a real shame, it was just taking on a nice shape. Certainly time to re-think back up (and host?! Wink ).

It was after the underwater hockey video test-sample-play was released in December 2005, that a good series of questions came in, in the 'newbie section' about the sport, its rules and its players etc. It was the wide range that I liked the most:

how long to hold your breath?
how does the ref, do the refereeing underwater?
does it hurt? Wink
do you wear heavy boots? was an amusing one.

Would be a shame to give up, so, although feel a great sence of loss, I would like to reshape (ammend the backup set up) and see if the boards take on a good shape again.
It certainly served a purpose since December, in bringing good light to the game of underwater hockey. It proved its worth, although the fruits have been a bit decimated!... so new buds!?

Beth x
jellybean

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my word!??
what a shame.... we can rebuild it! (6 million dollars)... Am I thinking of something else? Cool

Tis a shame, but was worthwhile for fair few newbies and later on for some players............ so restructure and have the forums fill with those underwater hockey questions you wanted to ask, but someone already had... now can now ---------- cus the first asked question is no more!!! Wink

JB

all my wisdom has to be re written again Shocked Cool
useless backsoon

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am disappointed for all you guys who put the work into make the site what it was.

I will try to get back on line soon and if i can help with any posts i will try. However I am busy with a couple of little projects of my own, and summer travels........

Y did it have to happen to this sport site.... it could have done it to a football site everyone knows about that game..........

Good luck Guys

X
bethany

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, hey ho.
Thanks, U(bs) Wink x

I remember your contribution to 'decline v promotion' on underwater hockey. That would be a good one to find or redo if poss somehow. Seehow it goes.

Good luck with your projects and summer things

Beth.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arh, a website appears again Razz Well done. It was a 'missing' thing, so must be good. I've had a good look through it and it looks dandy as before.
I did make a few comments after christmas about the site so guess I'll chip in and do it again as still think it is cool.

It shows underwater hockey visually with info to cover images - except the 'about' page, that has no pics, is the heavy 'all about the project for those interested (was interesting, actually!) and there was a congratulations at the end for those who got there! A good project it is though, no doubt.

The features are great. They are like a magazine. Excellent layout and varied presentation. Gives info on, team play, types of players who participate (wide range of ages and shapes), stories about spectators and players and the difference in view point - whole point of the seethegame project is to show it to the spectataor as the players see it (I think?!).

The video is great effort. It takes you to where the play is and lets you see it as it plays past you - it shows team work as well as individual skills - all under breath hold bods, zooming around the bottom of the swimming pool (and in slow motion! very 'matrix'!) to good editing effect though.
10/10

Tony
London

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAHHHHHHH! THE WEBSITE RETURNS IN FULL GLORY Cool

Shame about the forum contents. It was really interesting. I leaned loads from the newbie section where everybody asked about the game. There were great questions and was good idea to set it up the way you did (the way you have again, actually -- but having to start again when such good content was already collected is Hard graft YES, but does kindof also show that it was worth it -- so should be again. IF POSS!

So I'll add my bit.
The website www.seethegame.info is informative and very original in design/presentation. making it easy to tune in to aspects of the underwater hockey game that otherwise (for me anyway) was not exactly unknown, but certainly was mis-understood.
The features gave (give) a good range of info. and the video project (on your ''slip-on budget'' as you phrase it) is brilliant effort.

Thanks for what youve done to date.

More vids please!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to see website is back up after hosts' crash. Just seems to be the video samples that are missing, but the rest of the features and things seem all there, in their magazine style presentation.

Favourite bit is the Features section with the range of 4 or 5 pages (to date) giving 'vision' of the game to the uninitiated.

Thanks
Dave - Swansea
jellybean

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey, that's a shame. Good for re-setting it. It served an original and useful venture for lots of visitors. People who did not know the game, could ask questions and also read others comments n stufff.

Pleased it is back on-line and as magazine, funky as ever. Great promotion of underwater hockey - the game - giving 'the picture' to a spectator.

JB

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good recovery on web-site, shame the forum lost so many posts, that too was a great collection of relevant stuff.
Web-site is a good place to send people who havnt seen the game, so they can get a feel for goes on underwater.
The team-work, the types of people that play the sport, some (many) visuals to picture the game.
Good luck with filming project (know what it feels like to struggle with getting a budget available).
What's done so far is great, so hope success with ongoing plans.

Peter Townsend
Portsmouth
UK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics and stories. Luv the video bit. Look forward to more moving image stuff.
the video page will be crowded if you add more, so may be clearer if the page layout is changed??? You probably got that covered and I'll shut up now. Shocked
Moby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the magazine approach to the web-site pages. It gives a good range of stories and pics about the game, as well as your filming venture. That sounds great idea. Wish you well. More underwater hockey video would be great, thanks. Bill Tucker.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cool game.
Thanks for showing it.
Tania
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> SeeTheGame:
Website comments