http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

uwh video - Critter-Cam Diaries 1a (comments)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Critter Cam Diaries 1a
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melanie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: uwh video - Critter-Cam Diaries 1a (comments) Reply with quote

Critter-Cam Diaries............ is a concept idea to take a spectator down in the game on the back of a player!

Not just anyhow..of course.. The camera is positioned in 'space' so you can get a reference of the players head and working pusher arm as well as the immediate game play area. It works really well. (like a Play Station character!)

It is designed to take the viewer on a ride, not a standard comfy arm chair view of the game. It comprises fast snippets of some of the moves from the clubs play time, it is not a continuos story of one game.

The critter-cam name has been given 'cus thats what cams on critters (bless, in the name of science and discovery Wink ) are called. The diary bit is because a series of these is to be made and in them will be a variety of moves and team shape examples from a range of bods who happen to be playing.

Can be seen on the seethegame.info website or go HERE:
http://www.seethegame.info/uwh_video_page.html

m

Last edited by melanie on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*kin brilliant! Twisted Evil Razz :

perfect angle on the camera point of view. just great. PETE the PETE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching it over and over and over again. I can see what is meant by keeping a shape. A good example is the LF. He seems always to be in the same/correct part of the shape you drew. It is then an added bit of skill to get the timing right to be on the bottom with some air when the pass is flicked forward. Great idea.

There is one part where the crittercam BL is down and ready but the pass comes across slightly ahead and the LF picks it up - The bit of that bit that I like is that the crittercam BL lets him have it and doesnt end up two going for it. Its really good team work.

There are a number of amazing flicks, I'm guessing 5m+? Thats a nippy game. Music is very cool as well.

10/10 for exelent idea. Its very well done and clear.
floater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I note you put a warning/info up that it is a ''ride'' and not an armchair cosy smoothy view. . . . . It's dynamic, and very effective camera angle.

Splendid Splendid More More More Wink

It's a novel idea to think to point out a shape, but I think it works. After watching it several times. . . . . . many times actually (and with the volume right up!) you can think the shape you mention and get a wider picture of where the whole team is, even if you cant see them in shot all the time.
Several passes from centermid out to LB then up the left wing
Interception by RB who has passed to LB who flicks it again up the left wing.
Theres a couple of other connections across the shape. . . . .
The center mid flicks it out and forward slightly so the RF picks it up
The center mid does a nifty underbody back pass to LB who sends it up the wing again.
The other back man has intercepted what may have been that 'enemy' forward breaking through and tapped it left to LB who sends it up the wing
Theres a cross pass from the LB forward and right, so this time the RF picks it up (the girl who goes on to score).

. . . . . . . and the Critter Cam person shows that it is possible to do all this whilst getting the timing right in between to pop up to breath (frequently!!!. . . he ha, only jesting Very Happy Very Happy Confused . Its actually a great editing idea to do that).
Yep, it's a brilliant idea to piece a string or bouts together and take viewers for the crazy up and down ride AS A TEAM SHAPE, as it truely is.

There are several shapes. I hope the numbers vary on future club evenings and various shapes will be revealed. Its a great educational tool. . . . and I feel, not only just good for the newbies, who its aimed at 'intrigueing.

I agree, 10/10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gunna give it 9/10 (cus I'm tight Wink )

Tis great idea and a great place to put the camera. Spot on. More would make a great ongoing collection.

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the heck do you get the camera man to stay so close to the players shoulder?? Exclamation Question

It is a great way to give an idea of the game. Like the intro bit of the play level being something like "basic to average riff raff"... it sets a good scene and shows a sence of humour/fun.

Great idea and the music is very well matched. I agree that more would be a useful promotion of the the game. Good effort. and mildly crazy idea Exclamation Exclamation Idea

Jim
jellybean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera man was easy...... it was the lighting and sound crew that made it a bit of a crowd!

The actual 'space' that the cameras point of view has, was thought up to be the best angle, so the spectator has a reference and can watch the body actions of the player.
If the camera was placed as a head-cam (easy to do) the spectator would be shaken around even more as would be turned left right up n down as the player looked around. A player is often looking in other directions from where the puck is - so it was thought worth the extra effort to find a good view point - and the 'space' above the sholder was deemed a gudun.

JB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA re camera crew on the players back!

I agree it is a great angle and to mention the shape (five a side shape) is very helpful to seeing it is a team game and not just the one player that has the camera.
I had to watch it many times before I started to see the shape, so if it wasnt mentioned I wmay have not realised this.
More of these would help very much I am sure, if it were possible to do

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can see that you dont have to have to hold your breath for ages and ages, it is the timing bit that is importrant. Its a great idea to show a bit about what the players do.
Kepp bobbing up and down, sometimes you play and sometimes you are just there if needed.
Sometimes the playerr stays down and makes sure the attackers are tackled and the puck is feeding to friendly player and otrher times the player goes to be down, fklicks quick and then is breathing again.

I will be interested now

Tamara Mead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video is a fantastic view point.

Its all good but:

The crittercam players flick just after when face to face (frozen) with opposition ''you looking at me'' bit, is amazingly fast and the timing and position is just right. What a great game.

The center mid player also does a great move when he spins around and back passes, underneath his body to the critter cam leftback. Very underwater coolness.

Great idea. John.
floater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye. It is. I know what you were on about now and the angle is the right thing to do. Nicely sussed.

When you watch the video you can see the players head looking around and looking up at the possible passes and the possible incoming attacks.

I do agree the back pass of the mid is excellent bit of thinking. Think it is the same mid that is on camera in the opening shots where he is weaving the puck around trying to avoid the attacker, just before locating and passing out wide to where the backleft (criter-cam) is waiting. Very cool to see.

Also the fast 'from nothing' flick when the crittercam player fires it off just before the 'freeze framed' attacker strikes. Its amazingly fast. I always imaging underwater stuff to be in slow motion. . . . . Arrow Well that aint Exclamation

Cool Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you can see a team shape and timing to be around to be passed to can also be seen even if sometimes the player is not needed.

What I like most is the flick from the BL crittercam straight through to the RF who goes onto score. What I like is that she (theRF) is 'not' there when it is flicked. It is flicked to a space where she should be and sure enough as if she knows the timing bit she drops into the space even before the puck arrives and then continues her momentum straight at the open goal. Very Nice Piece of Team Shape Play.

Music is also very suitable to the video. Arrow 9/10

Tarka the rOTTER Razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool idea. great camera angle and some good examples of what to do when a player pops up and down.

that chap in the opening shot with his shifting the puck from side to side really throws the opposition...... it also shows that it is ok and indeed good sometimes to turn away from the opposition, retreat a little then throw it out wide....... dont know the game, but the shape of the team worked well

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos are great idea. The big picture the people and the bazaar idea of strapping a camera on the back of a player, all collect to give a great picture. Excellent education and promotion of the underwater hockey experience.

The critter-cam diaries are great to show players interacting, and a little of what is to be expected when giving the game a go. Brilliant idea 10/10

Julie Harper. Chelmsford, but not chavish Wink x
Push Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showing this game as a 'critter-cam' gives a great perspective and to watch the head and arm of the player is great idea.

The team shape can just been seen (as is mentioned). It is a novel idea to point out the shape importance and I think over time new people to the game will realise the importance of the shape of the team as well as any personal skills they may learn when and if they decide to play the game.

Push Player
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Critter Cam Diaries 1a All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: