http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

What goes on regards a goalie? - there's no mention!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Newbies Enquiries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: What goes on regards a goalie? - there's no mention! Reply with quote

I've seen the website and there is no mention (that I can see) of a goalie. So what goes on in that department???

cheers very.
Amy (27 and a half Wink ) DORSET
jellybean

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy.

There is no goalie as such.
Teams are made up of ten players: 4 subs on the side, and 6 in the water playing the game.

The six in the water move around the pool together as a 'pack', and so in underwater hockey, no one is just left at the goal face. (I dont actually think there is a rule against it), but thats what teams do at the moment.

The 'pack' can take various shapes depending on the teams stratergy. One 'pack' shape is to have 6 players formed up as 3 across the front row and 3 across the back row. Players are seldom more than 3 meters away from each other.

Hope that helps a little. Someone else may have another description.

JB
loser

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree with the discription, in the early days of modern hockey players were seen to hang back. This used to annoy the hell out me.... how frustrating no one pointed this out.... or tried to develop the game.

If i see it in the game today, i just dont know what to say other than i cant beleive standards are still at the level of a player miles away from the action..... not good hockey.

other shapes can show below

2 - 1 - 2 - 1

3 - 2 - 1

2 - 3 - 1

All the above can be reversed hope this helps to indicate positions. Also to help to point out like any other team sport posistions can be present and have the same level importance.

Amy is 27 an half old or not? i dont what your thinking?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Newbies Enquiries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: