http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

very different compared to free-diving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Newbies Enquiries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: very different compared to free-diving Reply with quote

I tried this underwater hockey as I do a lot of free diving and love water.

It is very different though. I'm not use to down and up all the time in small fast movements, I usually stay calm and relaxed and composed on the surface until ready for my decent, which is for a fair amount of time.

This makes this sport non compatible with free diving discipline.

It does look a good game, but not my cup of tea.

Tony
jellybean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a free-diving training session - just to watch. It was very sleepy.

Although there were several people in the pool, it was most certainly an individual sport - underwater hockey is a 6 player very inyteractive team game.

The aim was to calm down, in a meditative mind state - underwater hockey is a bit of a hyper. Getting your body up to a constant metabolism where it can deliver and remove fuel and waste rapidly.

I have snorkled in the sea with a spear gun to get a bit of munch for tea. This is the closest to free diving i have done, and it was similar, in that I relaxed and composed myself then slip below the surface to glide to the sea floor (probably only 5 meters, but would stay there for several minutes until a bass passed by (on its way to my dinner plate!) Wink

JB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underwater hockey and free-diving wear snorkle mask and fins and go under the water, but that is where the similarities finish.

agree uwh is team sport and free-diving is solo discipline. I know you need safty divers and marshals and surface crew etc for free-diving events and this is in fairness a team at work, but the actual 'action' is individual compared to uwh that has 6 in the water all needing and interacting to get the job done: scoring a gully (goal).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to watch a freediving practice session at our swim pool - and fell asleep as it was meditative and very slow and sleepy.

i went to watch a underwaterhockey session at our swim pool - and fell asleep also! it probably was very dynamic but you cant see the play!
.................. so well done for the video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Newbies Enquiries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: