http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

ooh, bit of a shame the data's gone/crashed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Newbies Enquiries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: ooh, bit of a shame the data's gone/crashed Reply with quote

Hello
Sorry to read of the 'bit of a mishap' with the data. it is a real shame cus it was taking shape really well.
I visited in December and saw the video and the features on the web-site as well and was very taken with the sport.
I keep visiting to have a read of others input here on the forum and find it a worthwhile and interesting venture.

I asked a question myself at the time, so will endevour to think of another to pop on the board as all the others turned out interesting for a number of people.

Good luck with continuing and building again... it is a worthwhile venture, thanks for your efforts

Chris Turner, London
bethany

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris.
err yeh bit of a shame. See what can be salvaged, re-posted etc. The basic structure has been plucked out of mishmash and set out here again...
It just doesn't have the December-onwards development feel, that was kinda nice.

Maybe with the funding for the next bit of video project it will revamp again. It is nearly secured to film 'a game' (and as documented, the campod research and system build has been done already for the venture).

Beth

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a shame and a half. It was collecting in a great way. very informative bits of info for the 'newbie' interested people,,, such as i am.

I havnt played, I'm not sure I'm fit enough, but I am interested to watch and learn and this site is the best I've seen. The website is brilliant and this forum is a constant source of new things, so makes 'having a look' well worth while. (am sure it will be again after a while. youve got the format back to near enough what it was. well done, its a ''good-shape''.

Paul Hammond. Southampton
natalie
Ravishing Reporter

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit gutted!

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame. Well done for putting it back together again. I've emailed adminsupport with some info on secondary backups. You probably have it sorted, but if it helps then all worthwhile. It's a tricky area etc etc.

The forum was gwtting meaty, which was lovely to see over time. It seemed curteious / curteous / curtyos ------ it seemed 'respectful' of all people, considering those who are in the website are skilled players and those nosing at the forum are 'newbies'.

I thought the idea was brilliant.

Ta. Tony.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree is shame about the crash of 2006, as the concept was set up well and the idea of the website introducing visually the game of underwater hockey to 'newbies', passers-by, surfers etc, was inspiring.

All the questions that followed in this section were natural inquiries and informative, not just to those who wrote them, but to those that follow later and visit the forum.

The principle that a collection of questions and answers relating to the game and the filming of the game, should be made to be in existance, was just a damn good idea.

I'll add a question myself that I considered a good one from what was there before.

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the old forum (before May crash) and its collection of underwater hockey information was great - pleased to see that it has been re-set and is filling slowly with more of the same helpful info.
Peter Thompson. LONDON

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame.....

yes......

but seem to have done alright at givin it the phoenix!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Newbies Enquiries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: