http://www.seethegame.info WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO
Promoting the game of underwater hockey (octopush) to develop a spectatorship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 http://www.seethegame.info   seethegame banner ads

protection issues in sport [general]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Banter... Underwater Hockey Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: protection issues in sport [general] Reply with quote

What can happen in sport [general]:

EG:
bribes - etc:

problem for this is that loyalty seems to rubb off and other teams move in and off they move on........... shame for development of the game.

i.e. team produces time effort = juniors with transition to seniors

on the outside watching \ scouting \ groomers and grooming of players from other teams ---------- is possible that it could occur.

two teams both of which beg and request - however some move others stay - team 1 who develop and produce players for team to lose, as thos who are not imputing development try to claim players and often happen - however what now happens is a three tier system.

development team 1 recruit train and play - ditched

team two = scout \ groomers \ recruiters - double ditch ditched

team three = cherry pick \ takers - claim (gloy, gloy, were a young team with a balance of young and older)

this grooming \ threading suggests there are some unchallenged measures in the sports in terms of grass roots - team ethics and professionalisim.

other forms could be, had young players - and dont play them, therefore stiffling up and coming talent in the game.

other behaviours which could lead to mis development is the conduct of adult verses junior players -

An example of sporting article:

Dear sport agony ant:

What do i do in the following situation can you help:

players swims with puck, u-16 the player has posession then is tackled, loses the puck. The player leaves for the surface - on way up fins trap on mask of adult. Adult should moved the fins to one side gentle.... if that does not happen this could occurs..... the bat is jabbed several times to the upper torse and to the buttocks, and could be followed by a barrage of verbal.

Reply:

Yes ANON,
I would expect you to be very concerned about the situation. A number of steps are open to you. However judging by your writing its suggests to me your only young yourself. I am guessing that you too may have experienced this situation, kinda or not? these kind of instances would be frieghtening and sound too be frequent? what i would ask, do any of these have history with violence in the game - i.e. nick names for example bruises \ or gooses changing the name \ funny slant to illustrate their style of play or agression - ovbviously the realname would be something dewsferry town therefore replacing the dews with bruise would equal brusieferry town instead of dewsferry - these could or should act as trigger pointers to indicate or highlight issues of bad practise... neglect and other areas which of concern.

info for help and advise on practise and procedures to help teams assist development. below

http://www.thecpsu.org.uk/Scripts/content/Default.asp

Hope this helps with information.

Its important to recognise that information provide as example material, and the team name is purely fictional - it's not recognisable to any team \ or individuals, the senario above is mearly for educational purposes as described by the moderates of the website - educational -

Last edited by loser on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jellybean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you have two diffent level points here......

The first point..... you mention adults training youngsters, encouraging, promotion of opportunities for team selections etc
.... this is common in all sports and at all ages, at the competitive level, and indeed in all businesses: interviewing and selecting what the 'adults/employers' choose to be appropriate for their best chance of making them better than the rest. A worthy point for discussion as there is fair and unfair means or selecting the best (and 'shelving' the ones they cant have, but still stopping the opposition getting them... quite bad form in my eyes but it happens in the music business, I can see it could/would happen in any competitive industry).

The second point.... you mention adults abusing their position, in closeness to younsters. A valid point, so that this is prevented, but indeed is a separate level than the first point. You give an appropriate link to the professional governing organisation that deals with this level of conduct, so that was a constructive thought.

Just thought I would make it two points as I see the first happening throughout various workplaces... so isnt just relating to adult/child it relates to position of power 'over'... this could be employer etc.
The second point should never be allowed to occur, fulstop.
(perhaps the first should never be allowed to occur, fulstop, also!)

JB

loser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everything now, i am pleased to announce the following statment from the government which was kindly forwarded.

From LONDON -----------Government Department Department of Culture Media and Sport

Quote:

Dear Mrs Clements,

Thank you for your letter to the Prime Minister of 20 November regarding bullying in sport. Your letter has been passed to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and I have been asked to respond.

The Government in no way condones any bullying in sport. In fact this Government firmly believes that parents and their children have a right to believe that they will be safe and well protected whilst participating in all sport. All sports organisations that receive statutory funding through Sport England must have an active child protection policy in place. The Child Protection in Sport Unit – a partnership between the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, Sport England, sportscotland, the Sports Council for Northern Ireland and the Sports Council for Wales – works with the various National Governing Bodies of sport on their child protection policies to ensure that this happens. You can look at the Child Protection in Sport Unit’s website here: www.cpsu.org.uk

The Child Protection in Sport Unit’s mission is to safeguard the welfare of children and young people under 18 in sport and to promote their well-being, playing an important part in helping to end child abuse, by helping sports and other organisations.

The CPSU’s publication ‘Standards for Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport’ provides a national benchmark of good practice for sports organisations to work towards. Their implementation by an organisation helps to raise awareness among staff and volunteers and minimise avoidable risks. When the standards are fully implemented, this is likely to increase confidence among parents and carers about their children's safety. The standards cover nine areas, which include: policy procedures and systems; codes of practice and behaviour; education & training; access to advice and support; and implementation and monitoring.

The IOC's Medical Commission issued a Consensus Statement in mid-November about training elite child athletes. It makes 4 key recommendations around protecting the elite child athlete and appropriate training regimes. The CPSU are keen to ensure that UK Sport proactively engages with them in developing guidance to ensure that any risks to young people engaged in elite sport are prevented.

I hope that this information is useful to you.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Powell
Sports Desk Policy Officer

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thanks for that info mrs clements -0- I am pleased you have managed to respond to the government and ask why it is that the organising body for underwater hockey in the UK received Funds from sport england prior to implementation of a protection Document?

Anyway thats not that important whet is important is that bullies are highlighted and ask to stop. As for others to stand up and protect people without adopting 'the glass back' otherwise weak and lame, turning a blind eye.

Thanks DT from wales other wise likes to refered to as tiffy or taffy baby - very scarry........ wahhhhhhhhhooooooooooo

hope this can benefit this sport and others and confirms the validaty of the above information.

Last edited by loser on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
atapene

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullying... hmmm.

what other forms of bullying might people use?

do you think harassment is a form of bullying? what about slander?
loser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other forms of bullying - lying, mobbing and slander which is verbal communication - this could include - saying your been harrassed when it actually is not happening..... this would equal lying, mobbing is another form and is a real problem and can be very funny for people who are doing it, not that funny if you receive it. What surprises most people is the easy which these kind of bullying tactics and be applied however they are not too kindly received...... which is could also be perceived as funny Razz Other items which could be classed as bullying libel..... Laughing this is written form, however the content must be specifically attributed to an individual...... cirtainly know one would want to connect or attach themselves to this kind of material unless they want to tell the truth........ Laughing

harrassment - could include damaging thing which dont belong to yourself, contant touching \ pushing, could include grabbing usually after unsuccessful attempt to recover the puck from a weaker player or someone you might regard as a geek, dork, or a very annoying individual, (jealous) and had issues with slander, yes correct i agree it is bullying..... has someone taking their meds.. this could be perceived as slander, other forms of slander include, scarry tatics....... whoooo the house is on fire, its getting hot in errrrr...... other forms include entry to property without it happening...... an number of examples have not been included.

It is possible to suggest that if you have not seen someone for a long time, i.e. 3 times in 18 months this would not be or even closely related to a form of harrassment.

If you live in NZ then am sure that you know every detail about what happens locally within the UK - some of the females cant help but to talk about the game constantly but obviously this is not bullying - Rolling Eyes

whet do you think? Laughing ....... showering shoes could also be classed as bad.

Another thing slander is usually something which is not true, is there anything which is not real?

Another form of bullying which is very common for some people to use.... hint of blonde hair. If you are female you might feel the need to single an individual out for whetever reason, it might because he has a simlar hair growth on his top lip as one of your friends... perhaps!

This form of singling out will include pointing, laughing, and generally goading other males into creating problems for an individual. These kinds of problems could include, swapping of items of clothing to create rashes.... stealing bats, changing your old glove for a new one... other forms of this kind of behaviour can be physical, however some people dont condone it so usually happens outsight and infront of loyal supporters, usually have some ulteria motives..... i.e. provides some kind of favour, whether this in the form of staying in the pool all the time without subbing remains to be concluded?

Also not forgetting to mention the odd little scrape....... this involves different people using their bats against another individuals body away from the puck. could include applying force to soft spot areas - to include the shins, and the spinal area. Obviously applied with force to cause damage.. grazing and other noticable damage to the body... after which the person or the people applying such techniques, do(.... could) point thinking that the victom is unaware..... another viable and useful process of elimination Shocked

Suggestions:-----

If you have had a lengthy lay off and need to rest its better to sub..... and regain fitness ---- i.e. spain for 6 wks then come back sit on the side of pool, one sub for one player, but cant take it. The care and the love was obvious.... mmmm say cheese and if their is a hole in the team then you can fill it. No need to sub again your in everytime........ remember the game is fun....... bouncy, bouncy, bouncy now i care..... after some loving...... one night at crystal palace can help you out... towers of fun....... wee harrrrrrrr happy ever after

now i play ever week, as a hole is present, it can just fit right in to the slot and no need to sub.......good work everyone, no ulteria motives for this tho, am not popular honest they like me because i can play hockey really good and well..... honnest.

quotes:

we got involved, we got involved, we got involved....... monatone silence toad......

we think, we think, you post on the internet.......... Laughing why Crying or Very sad

Idea Laughing

Last edited by loser on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
loser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also add that another possible form of harrassment could include, the following:

Imagine your male, but it could happen to a female! Shocked

for this purpose your male Arrow

you arrive to talking mob...... you leave to a talking mob... obviously over loading on weeks events which dont have anything to do with anyone apart from the male (you or me....... could happen to anyone).

The topic of conversation is guessing what college work was completed this week and sharing photo's and computer data - banking is a special area of interest - this is not harrassment or invasion of space or an invasion of privacy - apparently its normal event. Honest we had no problems...............

usually from people who have nothing else to talk about and have to keep the topic upto date - yes

For those that did not know but would like to know more....... some emails might be perceived as annoying but not as annoying as the reason for writting them ----- Laughing The reason could be asking for things to stop, pleading to be left alone, asking why could also be another reason - this could be perceived as harrassment to stop harrassment?!

custodial friends.... fraud is another forming of bullying knowing you can or could get away with it.

We all know everything some know nothing..... listen to those that know and ask....... whet happened?! Arrow Wink Rolling Eyes Razz
loser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more questions pls dont hesitate to respond....

Why why why Laughing persecuted........ o Crying or Very sad why
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.SEETHEGAME.INFO Forum Index -> Banter... Underwater Hockey Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: